I am absolutely beaming and touched to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by my new wordpress friend, Ms. Ethel Duck, thank you so much! I really appreciate all your support and encouragement whilst I have been starting up my blog, as I was so nervous, but I have been spurred on to continue. If you haven’t already seen her blog, please take a look at Ms. ED’s blog: Diary of a Recovering Codependent, a real comfort to anyone struggling with and recovering from codependency.
My questions from Ms. Ethel Duck:
- What makes you laugh the most? The most random things! Such as the pirate in Family Guy who has wooden arms and legs, I could not stop laughing when I saw it because it was so ridiculous! Other than random things such as this, people make me laugh – usually when they aren’t trying, when they are being themselves and just have a wry sense of humour, or are just plain silly. Also this Irish guy who uploads videos on facebook of him and his ‘girlfriend’ Emily, please take a look he absolutely cracks me up: Mr Cian Twomey
- What would you sing at Karaoke night? I have a few regular numbers; Total Eclipse of the Heart, Like a Prayer, Livin’ on a Prayer, Summer of ’69, general Power Ballads!
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Sadly yes, my sister couldn’t say my name which is Elizabeth, so she called me Wiz and it has stuck with my family ever since! Needless to say everyone else calls me Liz, Parker, Parks, Parkey Lizbanim etc.
- If money was no object, what would you do all day? I would do yoga, pilates, draw, go for coffee, lunch, dinner (these would be normal days) and then I would make sure I regularly get to the beach, go skiing, climbing, and generally exploring the world whenever I could. I would also continue learning, probably in psychology and train to be a therapist as I could afford the fees!
- If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be and why? This is a really tricky question, so tricky that I just had to do a test to see what my spirit animal is! I would lean towards a cat, because I like cats, so I’m not sure that’s a good answer, but it was the answer to my test as well so let’s go with that. I am loyal and trustworthy, but I am very cautious, which I think cats can be as they are loyal and trustworthy towards their owner but not overly friendly.
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? I think that would have to be leaving London and coming to Australia for a year at the ripe old age of 30, I knew I would be the oldest in my group and I was but that didn’t stop me. I was terrified but I am just so glad I took the leap and did it, despite all of my worries I have survived and learnt heaps about myself.
- Is your glass half full or half empty? It used to be half empty, but I would say it’s on it’s way to being half full. I feel like the decision to move as I answered in question 6 has helped me live in the now, appreciate what I have and live for the experience. I would definitely say glass half full is where I want to be if I’m not already.
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say? “Danger – could have blonde moment at any time” – I do really stupid things sometimes.
- Who is the most influential person in your life? My therapist, he has helped me learn about myself and grow, I trust him with everything I have and am made of, and I have developed a version of him within me to help me through life’s crises.
- When you blog, where does your inspiration come from? I don’t want to sound all heavy, but most of it comes from my pain, when I am going through my therapy something else will come up and it might hit me like a tonne of bricks. I’ve been in therapy for nearly three years and only just realising there is something good that can come out of all the crap I went through. I would therefore say pain, change and enlightenment are my inspirations.
- What is your favourite life quote? I have so many! I will pick one though: Carlos Castaneda — ‘We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.’ I had this on my wall when I was going through my deepest depression, and it really helped me ground myself when I didn’t want to live anymore.
I nominate the following bloggers whose blogs and words have helped encourage me to speak my truth:
- The Persistent Platypus
- Brighton Bipolar
- The Feathered Sleep
- Better Not Broken
- Every Word You Say
- The Trepidationist
- Thank You Isn’t Enough
My questions for you all are as follows:
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- What would be your dream occupation and why?
- What scares you the most?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- What would be your perfect evening?
- Any regrets?
- What is your junk food of choice?
- Who would you like to meet, alive or dead, and why?
- What is your favourite movie?
- What is your favourite life quote?
- What are you doing after you finish writing this post?